Black Cat Weekly #85
Our 85th issue is quite the treat—three original tales by three top authors, a time-travel story, a fantasy bar story, two novels, and more! I leave it to you to explore this issue and find out what’s what, which is whose, and whodunit. (Or did they?) It’s a fun issue and one of our best.
Acquiring Editor Barb Goffman is still on leave (she’ll be back in May), so again Michael Bracken is filling in for her. And we hope to have a new selection from Acquiring Editor Cynthia Ward shortly, too.
Here’s this issue’s complete lineup:
Mysteries / Suspense / Adventure:
- “Of Average Intelligence” O’Neil De Noux [Michael Bracken Presents short story]
- “Steering Clear of Trouble” is copyright © 2022 by Hal Charles [Solve-It-Yourself Mystery]
- “Cottonmouths” M.E. Proctor [Michael Bracken Presents short story]
- “The Contagious Killer” by Bryce Walton [short story]
- Nick Carter at the Track, by Nicholas Carter [novel, Nick Carter series]
Science Fiction & Fantasy:
- “Pannin’ Pete,” by Phyllis Ann Karr [short story, Bart Maverel series]
- “Moon of Memory,” by Bryce Walton [short story]
- “Turn Backward, O Time!,” by Walter Kubilius [short story]
- “The Perverse Erse,” by Adrien Coblentz [short story]
- Second Stage Lensmen, by E. E. “Doc” Smith, Ph.D. [novel, Lensman series]