Black Cat Weekly #90
Our 90th issue is another great one—3 original short stories, 8 modern and classic short story reprints, a novella, and a pair of novels. That’s a lot of reading! Where to start with the highlights?
On the mystery side, Acquiring Editor Barb Goffman is back from her hiatus with another mystery selection (“Bad Chemistry” by John G. Wimer), as is Michael Bracken (“The Garden” by Jeffrey James Higgins). And proving Hal Charles isn’t the only one who can write Solve-It-Yourself myseries for Black Cat Weekly, this time we have Bradley Harper’s take on a puzzle story, with “Silent Partner.” Plus classics by Harvey J. O’Higgins and Arthur Stringer.
On the fantasy & science fiction side, we have an original by Phyllis Ann Karr, “Sir Mordred and the Green Knight,” which features a new take on the classic legend. Our serial of Darrell Schweitzer’s Sekenre: The Book of the Sorcerer, continues with Part 2 (of 4), featuring three more stories of the immortal boy-sorcerer and his quest to keep his humanity. Plus classic science fiction by Murray Leinster and Louis Charbonneau.
Here’s this issue’s complete lineup:
Mysteries / Suspense / Adventure:
- “The Garden,” by Jeffrey James Higgins [Michael Bracken Presents short story]
- “Silent Partner,” by Bradley Harper [Solve-It-Yourself Mystery]
- “Bad Chemistry,” by John G. Wimer [Barb Goffman Presents short story]
- “Stop Thief,” by Harvey J. O’Higgins [short story]
- The Shadow, by Arthur Stringer [novel]
Science Fiction & Fantasy:
- “Sir Mordred and the Green Knight,” by Phyllis Ann Karr [short story]
- “Be Young Again,” by Murray Leinster [novella]
- Sekenre: The Book of the Sorcerer (part 2), by Darrell Schweitzer [3 short stories]
- Corpus Earthling, by Louis Charbonneau [novel]